Tuesday, January 1, 2008

CHANGES IN THE NEW YEAR


The calendar turning to a New Year seems like a good time to make a blog change. While I was interim pastor at Chugiak, Alaska this past summer I posted my sermons each week. Since it was necessary for me to leave when I was only halfway through a series of sermons on the Ten Commandments, continuing to post the rest made some kind of sense. I have continued posting one each week through the last Sunday of December.

Since I am not actually preaching them, using a sermon format feels a bit awkward. So I am changing the format to one new to me, one in which the postings will be briefer and more frequent. But that’s not the biggest change. As a pastor I felt it inappropriate to use preaching as a “bully pulpit” on political issues. The line between that and prophetic preaching is not a clear one. Since I am no longer pastor of a congregation, I want to speak to those issues directly and without restraint.

I hope you will click on the link below and check out my new blog site:
http://milosjanusoutlook.blogspot.com/

I will leave this sermon site up for a while, but it is not my plan to add other sermons.

I want to thank all of you who have taken time to read the sermons and all of you who have so graciously added your insights. I hope you will read and contribute your wisdom on the new site.

No comments: